Hang-time in Doylestown, etc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Hang-time in Doylestown, etc.
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 13:07:29 CST

        Fellow mental cases,

        "She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed and I will be traveling to Eastern
        Pennsylvania for the holidays to visit her folks. While
        Sjanna and her dad indulge in their annual "No-Prisoners-
        Tactical-Nukes-Are-OK" Scrabble-a-thon. I would not mind
        a more sedate method of diversion. If there's any scion out
        there in a mood to hoist a few or needs a hand (wrench-wise)
        let me know. I'll be in Doylestown from the 23rd through
        Jan. 2 1994.

        I noticed that there's a Michael Keaton/Gina Davis film due to
        be released this weekend. I the trailer I saw yesterday it looks
        like Keaton drives a Moggin, for those of you watching out for
        LBCs in the flickers.

        Finally the "BIG REBUILD" continues. I took the block and sleeves
        to the machine shop this weekend to have the reboring done. I
        have started the process of assessing the various parts that
        came off the engine to see what needs replacing, what needs to
        be repaired and repainted, and what will get by with a good
        cleaning. I wish I had a parts washer, but I'm getting by with
        carb cleaner and lots of papertowels and rags. So far it looks
        like most of the parts are in good shape. I will be replacing the
        tappets and probably get new push rods from BFE. I'm converting
        to an oil cooler and will also lose the canister oil filter in
        favor of a spin-on type. What I lack now is the funding to get
        everything bought (this is the part about this I hate).

        Ah well, that's the way it goes...

        Chris Ball, I too suffer from "they all assume its an MG" with my
        TR4. I simply point patiently to these "children" that this MG
        happens to be a Triumph... I'll never forget the one fellow whose
        next question was, "Oh, when did MG make the Triumph..."

                TTFN

                Greg "SLOWLY I TURNED... STEP BY STEP..."Petrolati

--
 Send in a check for $50,000 and a brand new Aston Martin DB7 and
  you could win... a statement in 25 words or less!!!

   gpetrola@firefly.prairienet.org (greg Petrolati)  1962 TR4 CT4852L