195X Bugeye Sprite

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: 195X Bugeye Sprite
From: Scott Stevenson <ferrari@clemson.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 1994 18:00:57 -0500 (EST)
Hi everyone,
I'm not a follower of your mailing list, but I might soon be :-)  I have
a friend with an early bugeye sprite with approx. 35000 miles that has
been sitting for about 20 years.  The body is fairly rust free, but it
looks like its been sitting for 20+ years, if you know what I mean.

It needs restoration...ie, all major systems gone through, and at least
checked out, plus it needs many cosmetic things as well.  What would a
car like this be worth?  Everything is there, but the previous owner had
kids who used it as a playground, so things like the tach and the speedo
are broken.  There's no bodywork to speak of, except for a little surface
rust here or there.  Can anyone tell me what a fair price for something
like this would be?

I'd really like to buy this car and restore it for my father who has
wanted one for thirty years, but I'm having a hard time convincing my
friend.  Please e-mail direct, for I am not on this list.  Thanks!

Scott

| Scott E. Stevenson  |  - 1971 Datsun 240Z -  | "Speed is only a question |
| Clemson University  | Internet Z-Car Club    |  of money...How fast do   |
| Business Management | Membership Number 9    |  you want to go?"         |
| ferrari@clemson.edu | z-car@cs.princeton.edu |    - Mad Max -            |