oiling leaf springs (again)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: oiling leaf springs (again)
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 94 08:16:35 EDT
Fellow fiends:

Some time last week, during the discussion of oiling leaf springs, someone
posted a remark concerning a product (used for motorcycles?) that contained
a heavier oil dissolved in a volatile solvent, all in an aerosol.  The idea
being that the aerosol delivers the mixture, the solvent evaporates and the
heavy oil stays behind to do its lubrication job on some hard to get to
surface.  Does someone out there know the brand name of this product so I
can appear intelligent at my local auto supply store (that's my Halloween
costume this year; a smart shopper for auto products)?  'Ole whitesides' is
running fine with the new ignition coil (sic) but her rear springs are
driving me crazy with their sqeaking, and I'd like to give this stuff a try.
 Other local motorheads think it is a good idea as well.

Next, if I could only get the muffler to stop rattling, I'd be able to hear
myself enjoying this car!

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Will "I remember Squeaky Fromm" Zehring