re: Silocone II

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: Silocone II
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 11:53:00 -0500 (EST)
          Roland brings up a valid point. This was also the crux on my
          previous "Armor All" posting (I THINK it was this list), which
          really applies to any silicone based chemical. With enough
          application, the silicone can actually impregnate itself into the
          metal. This is in an automotive painting book I have, I can provide
          citations & quotes if necessary. Another poster mentioned fish-eye
          reducer for the paint, there is such a thing & I'd suggest when in
          doubt, use it.

          Besides, Roland, a snake looks good no matter what!

          Colin
          bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu