Big Healey

To: CraigR3454@aol.com
Subject: Big Healey
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 13:50:29 PDT
CraigR says, "I have come across a 1957 Big Healey for $400: would
it be worth it to buy it and do a total restoration on the car. I really
don't know that much about the Big Healeys so any advice would be
helpful."

Since you asked, FORGET THE ENTIRE IDEA!!  Unless a 1957 Big Healey
is a car you lust for and would keep forever, it's simply too much time
and money to restore a big Healey, especially for someone else!

I bought a second MGA a few years ago - didn't need another MGA,
but it was cheap - thought I could "restore" it for $6K and sell it for
$10K.  What a Dummy!
The bill for the car exceeded $10K and I was lucky to find a buyer
a year later for $12K.  I lost two years of time I might have spent on
my own cars and lost money, if my time is considered.  It was a painful
lesson and one I would not someone to repeat... at least not without a
warning!

George Haynes
Dove Grey 1956 MGA
Blue 1964 Spitfire ... slowly being reassembled
BRG 1965 TR4A... the next 100% restoration