Re: The Sound of Horns

To: twakeman@apple.com ("TeriAnn Wakeman" )
Subject: Re: The Sound of Horns
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 94 12:07:55 PDT
> seized.  There is no easy way I can see to disassemble the horns farther.  Is
> there a way other than grinding off the tabs at the edges?

By tabs what do you mean?  Are these tabs from one part of the horn and
bent over another part?

The coil assemblies of the snake's (Lucas) horns are attached to the
body by what appear to be clevis pins that have been mushed (there's a
word for this but it escapes me for the moment) over.  I toyed with the
idea of grinding these "mushrooms" off of the one horn I repainted but
decided it was less effort to clean the old paint off by hand then to
remove the innards so I could soak the body in stripper.  But
separation did look do-able and I think I even checked a hardware store
for clevis pins of the correct diameter.  I would have had to cut them
to length though.

>  A loud functional horn is important to me.  If I notice an oblivious person
> aiming at me I want to get their attention before the cars try to occupy the
> same space.  It would also come in handy if I get stuck behind slow snakes ;*)

I know what you're trying to do here TeriAnn.  You don't want me to do
any long term work on the snake and publicly admit that it's not
driveable.  Very clever.

Roland