Save the Early MGB!

To: RobertS355@aol.com
Subject: Save the Early MGB!
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 07:07:40 PDT
Bob,
<Has anyone successfully learned welding etc. on such a major project?
Is this doable?>

My opinion: YES, it's doable and worth the effort.

First, join your local MG club.  Find out who has done the work you are
facing and get their advice.

Second, take an Adult Ed welding and/or bodywork course.  If you learned
to do the mechanical work you can learn to do the sheetmetal work.

So... I'm suggesting you repair / save the `63 MGB, which is (IMHO) among
the more interesting of the MGB's, and THE car with which you have fond
memories.  Take your time, do it right and you'll have that car forever.
BTW, it would make a great father and son(s) project.

Good luck!

George Haynes
Dove Grey 1956 MGA
Blue 1964 Spitfire ... slowly being reassembled
BRG 1965 TR4A... the next restoration