oil spots and Minis

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: oil spots and Minis
From: CraigR3454@aol.com
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 94 21:09:20 EDT
Fellow SOLers,

I come bearing several questions. My situation is this, my lanlord has told
me "To get those damned oil spots off of the driveway!" To which I reply, "My
Bugeye leak oil?! Never, except when there's oil in it." My problem is that
most of it is very dried. Any suggestions as to how to remove dry oil spots?
Second is, what are Minis like? How similar would they be to my Bugeye? (It
has a 1275 engine in it) I have seen them in pictures and movies (even had a
Matchbox Mini when I was a kid) and just recently in the November issue of
Road and Track. This article has really peaked my interest. It has a very
nice picture of John Cooper and two eamples of the Grand Prix Mini. The
article also mentions that the original Mins only had a 34 horse engine. What
does a more modern Mini have in it? What does a Mini in good running conditon
(currently being driven on a regular basis) cost if you were to purchase one?
Anyone knowlegable that could give me some general info would be very
appreciated. Lastly, is there anyone out there that would be inteested in
transmission out of a '76 1500 cc Midget for $200? I live in Logan UT and
could ship it COD. Any and all responses are appreciated!

Craig
61 Bugeye
                     "Instead of having answers on a test , they should just
call them "impresions" and if you got a different "impression," so what,
can't we all be brothers?

                       ...from deep thoughts inspiration for the uninspired
as seen on Saturday Night Live...