Re: Volvos on lbc list?

To: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>,
Subject: Re: Volvos on lbc list?
From: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 15:17:32 PDT

>Hmmmmmmm....that *does* sound sensible.  Let's see if I understand.  The 4
>series was followed by the 5 series, which was followed by the 1, 2, and 7
>serieses.  The 3 and 6 series never existed, or never made it to the US.
>The 544 must have been a 5 series, with 4 cylinders and 4 doors.  I
>thought they were 2 drs, but I must have been mistaken.  The 122 is a
>pretty perky car for a 2 cylinder.  The wagon variant of the 544 was the
>210, which clearly was a 2 series with 1 cylinder and, uh, no doors?
>
>After the 244 and the 245 came the 240, which also had no doors?  I guess
>the 740, 760, and 850 also have no doors?  I see a trend here.  If you
>can't get into them, you can't wear them out or get injured.  Anyway,
>don't yell at me, convert me--give me an 850 turbo wagon for a few years,
>and see if I become a believer.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

        ROFL, damn, I bit again!!!! Serious day here and I needed that
laughter injection. Thanks, Ray. :-)

        My 1953 Alpine which was to have been delivered to Bob Lang in Boston
by Saturday, I found out just left Los Angeles today instead of a week ago! I
guess I can't take it home *this* weekend. :-(

Bob

Robert A. C. Hamilton, N.S.C.C., Institute of Technology, Halifax, N.S.
E-mail: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 10/06/94
Time: 15:17:32