Re: stereotypes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stereotypes
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 94 13:11:52 BST
There has been a bit of a silence on this subject from us reserved english
types, so, not to let the side down completely, I'll fess up and admit to
being 100%  old english geezer of 48, at 6' 1", not at all fat at 11st 10lbs
- why I still fit the dinner jacket (=tux) I bought when I was 18 (in the
days when one wore such things; don't know why I keep it, really). My dad
was a bit of a car nut, and bought a Mk VIII Jaguar (to replace a 1952
Studebaker Champion we bought in Virginia) in 1958, tax-free for export, for
#1600, and thereafter had nothing but Jags. I got my first car, an MG-B, in
1967, shortly before my mother got a GT. Since then of MGs I've had 3 MG-Bs,
a MG-A Twink and a 1931 M type, plus other makes such as an XK140, Flaminia
GT Touring, DB-6 Vantage and now (after a long gap for children etc) the
Jensen Interceptor. Never a Triumph - that would not be done for an MG
type. I am Publications Manager for Acorn Computers in Cambridge (world's
first volume desktop RISC computer - since 1987, eat your heart out Apple!),
have two children, aged 8 and 6, and live in a cottage in Suffolk with a
sheepdog puppy who bites everything. I love my kids, warm Greene King IPA,
New Zealand Cabernet, magret de canard, chips, Led Zeppelin, Boyard mais,
squash, bed, Castrol 'R', Luther Allison, zabaglione, Suffolk, peanut
butter, Eric Clapton (OK, so nobody's perfect), oak, bonfires, gardening and
Aeroquip hose (kinky, huh!).

Paul.

Usual disclaimers etc.