Re: Stereotypes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stereotypes
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 94 09:02:13 EDT
Included for contrast:

>majority (like 90%) of his customers are old guys who wanted one of these
>cars in high school but couldn't have one.  They now buy one, restore it
>to like new, and keep it in garage, driving once or twice a year.  He
>says this is in marked contrast to ten-fifteen years ago, when most of
>his customers were **young college guys and gals using their cars for
>everyday transport.**  As a result, he sells more body and interior parts,

My 1980 Spitfire, which I bought when entering grad school in 1982,
was my first car.  Until the Jag 3.8S my wife and I bought 2 years ago,
it was my only car, excluding the wife's Honda.  It is my daily driver on
a ~8 mile commute, and I do most of my own work.  Before settling into this
current, more sedentary period of my life, I drove it everywhere, including
from Atlanta to San Diego, and up and down the west coast.  I have put about
73k miles on it so far.

        Tim Drabik
        Old College Guy
        (Georgia Tech School of ECE)