V**v*s

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: V**v*s
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 94 07:35:46 EDT
Scott Fisher muses on the possibilities of a V**v* B18 or B20
with a pair of Dell'ortos and an appropriate manifold.

Well, I don't know about the Dell'ortos, but I do know
about the possibilites of a well sorted P1800 with a
pair of Webers.  I used to autocross against Peter Holm
in an E-Prepared P1800 (later version with the 2 liter
motor) with dual Webers, well sorted suspension, large
slicks, etc. - He beat me rather handily every time.
For one event we swapped cars (and he still beat me);
his car seemed to be making more power at the top
end than my TR-4, but I think the 4 could launch
a bit better.  What really struck me though, was how
bloody *hot* the car was with a roof on it; made me
really appreciate the open topped TR-4 (although
on some rainy days, like VTR in Asheville this year,
I've wished for a top).

John

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU