Granby, CT British Cars on the Green

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Granby, CT British Cars on the Green
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 1994 10:07:37 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Went to Granby, CT yesterday. It was hot but breezy. The breeze made the heat
tolerable. I would estimate that there were 275 - 300 cars of British heritage
on display. Nice showing.

I met soler Don Sforza and we talked a bit. I missed Doug Phillips, but he saw
my car and left a business card saying "Hi!". Sorry I missed you Doug. Hope you
get your carbie problems taked care of soon.

In the unusual category (from this side of the pond) there were four Singers of
various types, all in what appered to be original unrestored condition. Also,
there were _3_ AC Bristols, one Aceca amd two Aces. There were also a few
plastic AC Cobras and a Ford GT40 replicar. I assume that all of those cars
were ralated to the ERA motorworks in nearby Bristol, CT. I have to admit that
the Ford GT40 is waaaay koooool!

As for the usual cars, Triumphs were front and center this year with early
Sixes and Spit/GT6 classes making up the front row. I would guess that TR6's
probably accounted for 15% of all the cars present. Don Sforza got a second in
the TR4/250 combined class. Let's see, there were lots of Healeys, especially
3000 MK* (probably 20 or so...very impressive.) There were about 8 bugeyes, 4
TR3's, about 10 TVR's of various types and Jags and Bentley/RR cars too. Round
that out with a few Lotii and a handfull (maybe 12 in all) of T series MGs.

Nice show.

On the way home I went to visit an old college roomie who I hadn't seen in
around 17 years. We had a great visit, and while I was taking him for a spin in
the TR6, my alternator relived itself of bearing. Fortunately (and
coincidentally at that), my friend happened to have a GT6 languishing in the
garage, so we appropriated the alternator to allow me to drive the 100 miles or
so back to Boston. All worked well, and I made post haste on the way home
trying to beat out a rain strong weather front with gusty wind and heavy rain.
I managed to pull into my garage as it started sprinkling.

So, I had the top down all day, clocked around 300 miles  and got to visit with
some old friends. Great day!

bye,
rml
p.s. now I gotta get my alternator back in shape.
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |