L2 Cosworth CAMs for Twin-Cam.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: L2 Cosworth CAMs for Twin-Cam.
From: pcarew@sun004.cpdsc.com (Paul Carew)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 14:27:51 CDT
My '67 Elan, in a previous life, was a race car. As such, it had an extensive
list of modifications to the body,suspension,transmission and engine. During
my ownership (11 years), I have slowly had most of these modifications reversed/
removed in the interests of reliability and drivability.

The last such change that I'm in the process of having done, is the CAMs. The
engine is a very quick engine. The head is gas flowed and the carbs have
large jets. In addition to this, the engine has a pair of Cosworth L2 CAMS
fitted. These CAMS have a profile that have a lot of dwell.  The
result of this is that the car has a lot of power at the high end, but is not
so suited for driving around town. I'm having the CAMs replaced with a pair
that will provide a lot more torque at the lower end and hopefully, more fun
at pulling away from traffic lights :-)

The question is, do these L2 CAMs have any saleable value?

Would any one be interrested in acquiring a pair of race tuned Cosworth CAMS?

Please reply via EMAIL directly, as I'm not currently subscribed to this
mailing list.

Paul

pcarew@cpdsc.com