Re: TR Tyre Pressure

To: fox@imagitex.com (Barry Fox)
Subject: Re: TR Tyre Pressure
From: jerry@tr2.com (Jerome Kaidor)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 20:38:51 -0700 (PDT)
Barry Fox wrote:

> Whilst perusing the owner's manual for my 65 TR4A, I came upon
> the Tyre Pressure Data table.  I was quite surprised to see
> Front 17 psi, Rear 25 psi for Michelin 165-15 radials.  This
> is the tire I more or less have on my TR (actually XZX).  Are
> these values realistic?

**** Yes.  Most recommendations I've seen tell you to run the fronts
lower than the rears.  Within reason, lower tire pressure = more rubber
on the road =  more stick.  The idea is that when you push it too hard,
the rear end should break free first.

   When I bought my MGA, it came to me with a set of bias-ply tires.
It was pretty easy to make the rear ones let go of the pavement, and I
indulged myself frequently :-).

                          - Jerry Kaidor