Re: Pro

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars)
Subject: Re: Pro
From: Paul Amaranth <amaranth@Vela.ACS.Oakland.Edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 10:04:31 -0400 (EDT)
>So, can anyone suggest a brand of alarm that can attach to a proximity sensor?

I bought a paging alarm from JC Whitnet for around $130 (the price varies
depending on which circular you get).  You can just parallel the output
of whatever sensors you put in with the door switches, provided you use
isolation diodes.  So you can just about use any alarm system you can
get your hands on.

I have a microwave mass sensor inside my TR8.  It's a pretty amazing
device.  I have to wire it so it's powered only when the alarm is active
(it's on all of the time now).  The sensitivity tends to change over time,
but it's still not bad for $30.

--
Paul Amaranth  Manager User Services - office: (810) 370 4541 (also voicemail)
(internet)     amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu  |'70 E-type (body in progress)