Kill switch

To: british-cars@aytox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Kill switch
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 14:20:10 -0500 (EST)
Hi:
All the new car guys have covered the hidden switch subject exceptionally well.
I have a 1950 MG TD and when I restored it in '78, I installed a race car
kill switch.  I replaced the ground wire from the battery with a longer
insulated wire with an eye terminal on the other end.  I drilled a suitable
hole in the back of the battery box, installed a gromet and passed the wire
through into the driver's compartment.  I mounted the switch to the
triangular steering column support that mounts to the underside of the cowl.
The battery ground wire was connected to one side of the switch and a wire
from the other side of the switch is connected to one of the body bolts
on the rollbar.  This switch location allows one to turn off all electrics
without making  any obvious movements.

It is rather embarrassing, to offer someone a ride and forget to turn on the
switch.
Press on regardless, Blair
1950 TD
1953 TD