Re: red/green rubber grease.. and PEKTRON boxes

To: Jack <JWCHESLEY@aamc.org>
Subject: Re: red/green rubber grease.. and PEKTRON boxes
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 15:44:36 PDT
 Jack,
  I don't know if anybody responded to your letter about Pektron Units,
but I just got back and saw it.
  The Pektron unit was an early attempt at a computer to modernize the cars.
It handles functions like seat belt warning, ignition buzzer, etc.  If it's
not working properly, (ignition buzzes instead of starting car, etc) BL issued
a service update in the late 70's outlining how to defeat the box.  You
simply make a jumper (of course I've conveniently forgotten which pins to
jumper, and I don't have access to factory service bulletins anymore), but
I think that the effect is to bridge the white/red starting circuit where
it comes into/outof the unit.
  I hope this is of some help.
                                 Greg Meboe   meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu