battery cutoff switch

To: SOL LIST <BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net>
Subject: battery cutoff switch
From: Eubank Lynn Alan <eubank@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 19:55:51 -0500 (CDT)
I mounted one of the prince-of-darkness switches in the trunk of the 78 B.
Just get yourself an extra-long ground cable, go from the batt thru the
wall of the trunk underneath the car (w/ grommet), on to one pole of the
switch. The other pole goes directly to ground inside the trunk. For
security, your cut-off switch is relatively hard to spot and locked into
the trunk.

Ok, ok, am I worried about security? Nope. That's not even why I mounted
the switch in the car. It's because the B has an irritating tendency to
reduce a battery to nuthin' if it's left undriven for 4-5 days in a row.
Sooooooo, in lean-driving days (e.g., rainy periods), I turn off the battery
(-:

later,
Lynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn