Re: Judith's post of Aug 30

To: JWisland@aol.com
Subject: Re: Judith's post of Aug 30
From: "Eric L. Christensen" <echrist1@firefly.prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 00:26:48 -0500 (CDT)
Hi, Judith,

I have had my B for about a year now, and have had no serious problems
with it apart from those that came with it. Actually, the first couple of
months I had it garaged bringing it up to drivability, but since then
it's been fine. This just goes to show that if you are considering
purchasing one of these things, it really is worth the extra money to get
one that is in decent shape to begin with, unless you have a real passion
for restoration. Personally, I *do* enjoy working on it, and you would
not find that difficult, but if you are a student or have a limited
income (as I do) then that might be a bit of a pinch.

But as I said, I have been driving it very regularly for many moons now,
and have no complaints whatsoever. Also, I know others who drive LBCs as
their principle transport, and they also have similar praise. Striking
contrast to the things I heard about weekly breakdowns, etc! I figure
those myths are greatly exaggerated, or I have been on a long lucky
streak. Basically, I figure MGs are like any other car (perhaps a little
more so) in that the amount of trouble it gives you is in direct proportion to
the
amount of routine maintainance you put into it.

The only thing I cannot speak of is winter performance. This will be my
first winter I will be driving it, and I am a little apprehensive,
especially as I have no garage. However, I seem to remember a fellow a
little while ago who posted a message advocating winter use, and I
presume he has had no serious problems at these times.

Hope this helps somewhat in your decision...
                        ---Eric

       *** Eric Christensen ***
        Senior, Middle Eastern Studies                      _____
        University of Illinois                                |/
        email: echrist@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu                       |\