Midget running, interior bits needed...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget running, interior bits needed...
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 1994 10:10:27 -0500
At last,

The Midget is resurrected! I spent the better part of Saturday once again
messing with the carbs and timing until she would run (if a bit rough).
No matter what I did, she still had no power, and sounded like a tractor
(which I blamed on the absence of a muffler/exhaust). In fact  though,
it really sounded like she wasn't firing on all 4 cylinders. I pulled
each plug wire and found cyls. 2 and 3 just weren't even firing??
Lots of nasty thoughts ran through my head...broken rings/valves etc etc,
but just for fun I decided to switch the wires....TA DA...BRUMMMMMMMMM!
She ran perfectly!

I adjusted the timing again, set the carbs correctky this time....and went
for a burn. Man, it's hard keeping it under 3000rpm!!

All it needs is the centre console (thw PO chopped up the old one
when he removed the radio!). Has anybody got a used one? A new one is about
$50 from MOSS, and it probably won't fit.

Marcus