SOL wannabe questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SOL wannabe questions
From: Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 12:50:14 -0600
Greetings,
        I've been lurking for some time while comtemplating my first
        purchase. I'm looking to buy a '70 - '71 MGB, and have found one
        that seems reasonable. The only problem is it doesn't pass
        emmisions in CO (Colorado, not carbon monoxide :-).

        I'm not too upset by this, I expected to do a carb rebuild on
        almost anything I bought. But I would like to hear
        opinions/stories about other emmissions passing adventures. Are
        MGB's notoriously difficult? Does it often require much more
        than a carb overhaul? Should I plan on a complete rebuild =-(.

Thanks,
Charlie Farwell

        p.s. I've heard there is a british car show/event north of
             Denver in the next few weeks. Anyone know when/where?