Re: MGB sputters and dies

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: MGB sputters and dies
From: Richard Hauser <DCHAUSER@ECUVM.CIS.ECU.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 10:59:28 EDT
I have a 79 MGB that has developed a rather irritating problem.  When I
step on the gas it will occasionally sputter and die.  It began doing this
several weeks ago and seems to have increased in regularity.  If I turn the
ignition off and then back on it usually starts running again.  I have
installed new coil, wires, plugs, condenser over the past 6 months.  I have
also looked for shorts and haven't found any.  Is there some sort of relay
that could be going bad?  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Richard Hauser
General Classroom Building, Room 3104
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC  27858