Re: out of control

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: out of control
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 94 12:58:37 EDT
TeriAnn writes:

>>Thankfully this is one I do not have...Whew.  As soon as I read replacing
stock
>>style hose clamps for the kind available in local auto parts stores, and
having
>>to actually stop and think about it before ordering a new commission plate I
>>knew it wasn't describing anything I had.  I took one good look at my
commission
>>plate, discovered that no one made a reproduction commission plate for post
>>TS60000 TR3As, called the Roadster factory then sent them mine so that they
>>could have it reproduced.  And having parts go on the car in an acceptable
>>aesthetic colour??  I spent lots of time researching the original factory
colour
>>and texture.  I ended up repainting the center section of the wiper motor
about
>>4 times before I got a crinkle finish I thought was correct.  I was able
to do
>>it in three on the centre instrument cluster (one of the problms in painting
>>parts in colder than recommended temperature).  I never had depression about
>>reusing old rusty bolts.  I remember the factory did not use old rusty
bolds and
>>decided that I should not either for my new TR3.

No, absolutely not.  You don't have this disease!  Not at all.  No sirreee!
Not a chance.  No way.  Give it up.  Nyaaah!

>>Maybe your mother in law would like to clean parts ;*)

I don't think so.  My father-in-law makes her do it at home.  This is
supposed to be her vacation!

>>You realize I intensly jealous because you have your engine in your car
and are
>>making rapid headway.

Look at it this way:  I may be closer than you but I only have an MG.  You
have a TR3!  (this sort of stuff appeals to Triumph owners, so I'm told)
:-)

Cheers, and keep the faith.

Will