80 MGB, Crane Cam

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, creichle@mednet.med.miami.edu
Subject: 80 MGB, Crane Cam
From: creichle@mednet.med.miami.edu
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 94 10:12:25 EST
     Hey there everyone...

     My name is Chris Reichle and I'm from FL (Miami). I just joined the
     list and as to not offend anyone I'll keep my most recent MGB
     adventure brief.

     When I burnt an exhaust valve on my B, I decided to also do the clutch
     and check the main bearings. I'm one of those home mechanics that
     falls victim to the two most costly things you can say while
     contemplating the extent of the work to be done on your car...

     While I'm doing bla bla bla... I might as well do the bla bla bla...
     and
     For only ... dollars more I could get a performance bla bla bla...

     In any matter, I rebuilt the engine and a whole lot more. In the
     process I purchased a Crane Cam, the mild performance one. After
     degreeing in the Cam I found that it was 9 degrees off from the
     reccommedned timing. Has anyone installed this cam? It is the same one
     that Moss sells. My only solution appears to be to buy an adjustable
     cam sprocket or offset keys. Since I just purchased the double chain
     timimg set and an adjustable cam sprocket is a little pricey, I would
     rather use offset keys. Crane does not make them. I need a 4 degree
     and a one degree. Does anyone know where I can get some for an 80 MGB?
     My two week head rebiuld has turned into four months of backorders
     bills. Can anyone out there help me with this problem?

     Thanks for taking the time,
     Chris