re: Exhaust oxygen gauges

To: r.dingli@ee.mu.OZ.AU, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Exhaust oxygen gauges
From: tpr@mfltd.co.uk (Tim Renouf)
Date: Fri, 27 May 94 11:45:46 BST
On the subject of fuel injection computers, can anyone recommend
a good book or something about how they work and what sort of algorithms
they use ? I have read a small amount of information about fuel injection
in the book "Tuning the Rover V8 engine", which contains snippets of
information such as the fact that the standard V8 EFi computer uses
airflow and engine revs as its main parameters but it is possible
to use an algorithm that uses throttle position and engine revs without
the airflow. However the book doesn't go into any detail as it's not
really what the book is about! My background is that I have some
experience in digital electronics and microcontrollers outside of cars.
PS I'm more interested in the non-emissions stuff that you used to get
in the UK.

--
Tim Renouf     tpr@mfltd.co.uk     UK: (0635) 565375    US: 415-856-4161 x5375
Micro Focus Ltd, 26, West St, Newbury, Berks RG13 1JT.       IBMMAIL(GBHFFCBF)