Re: British Cars Digest #1225 Wed May 25 01:15:02 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1225 Wed May 25 01:15:02 MDT 1994
From: RAY HAINES <HAINESRL%SNYCENVM.bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 May 94 09:59:29 EST
Tom:
    Re the 2500M. I currently own a '74 2500 M. Your looking at 1 of about
370 cars built for that production year, although there were obviously alot
more TR6 engines built. Having spent a few years crawling around my TVR,
engine repairs are probably the easiest part of the car to deal with. Granted,
a major overhaul can be big bucks. I would be curious as to how much oil it's u
sing and where it's going. We don't tend to see many of these cars for sale in
the Northeast (probably because there weren't many to start with and they aren'
t your optimal "snow car" ) and it took me about a year to find another after I
dragged my feet on the first one I looked at. There is certainly room to negoti
ate price given your description of condition, as 8 grand should buy you a near
 perfect car (absent any of the more expensive upgrades). Also, TVR has a very
active club with regional chapters. The club members I've dealt with are very h
elpful and the annual convention in N.J. is a great time. Good luck.  Ray