MGB-modifications to stock rotors?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB-modifications to stock rotors?
From: "bcrulifs@eos.ncsu.edu" <bcrulifs@eos.ncsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 May 94 02:19:37 EDT
        I was wondering what the effects of cross-drilling the stock rotors of
an MGB might be (or for any car, for that matter, but specifically a
73 MGB, manufactured 10/72)?  I suppose that a stock set would fail
because of the stress concentrations produced by the holes, but I guess
that's what I'm asking--would they?  does anyone have any experience
with this, or with a set of performance, cross-drilled rotors?  Do they
have greater thickness and a wider caliper to go with it, or just
thinner pads?  [maybe someone wants to run a quick FEA of this
proposition or maybe that's an oxymoron--quick FEA--anyway..]

Brian          bcrulifs@eos.ncsu.edu