A few

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: A few
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 1994 12:20:17 -0500 (EST)
Michael Herring wrote about obtaining jute backing for under his carpets.
You can buy this buy the yard from the Roadster Factory I believe. Many
auto interior shops will sell it too.

Personally I got sick of mine getting wet and smelly and replaced it with
closed cell foam with a metal coating on the outside. Yu can get it in
the firance duct area of Canadian Tire, etc. Helps cool the floor on a
Healey too !

The Monza debate is one I'm intersted in. There is a subtle difference
between exhuast NOISE and TONE ! I love the sound of the WALKER exhaust
on the Healey, even though it is loud. However, I drove a TR6 on a two
hour drive once and the Monzas nearly drove me mad !!! It was a droning
sound and I was glad to give the car back.

I really want to put the 4 tip Monza on my Spitty (headers, Webers, and
the works) and the stock exhaust is dead. However, I sure don't want to
listen to that droning sound.

By odd chance I was at the cleaners last week and a GT6 with Monza pulled
in. It  sounded great and the driver was happy with the set up.

I'm beginning to lean toward putting traps on the beast.

Finally, I had a great weekend draining all the rads and puuting in new
coolant and wetting agents in the cars. BUT ... when I got in the Healey
the clutch pedal just dropped to the floor. NO fluid in the inner
resovoir. This car has brand new lines and hoses all round and all new
seals in everthing. I switched to silicone fluid a year ago and have had
no problems.

Keep in mind that it's been minis 40 and I've been pumping the brakes and
clutch once a week all winter. I wonder if I've buggered up a seal on the
slave. (there's no fluid on the BRAND NEW carpet thank God) Went I called
a parts place the guy said his Healey does that every now and then in the
cold weather but he just tops it up in the spring and drives it no
problem! No loss all summer!

Since its' not brakes I'm tempted to try it and see. Any of you have have
similar experiences? My Spitfire did this one year too but I rebuld
everthing.

Thanks, CB