glass wax, Rain-X, etc.

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: glass wax, Rain-X, etc.
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 94 17:03:22 EST
I discovered Rain-X about 15 years ago (won it as a door prize, I think). I
tried in on my then-girlfriends Honda Civic. After chasing a friend in an
Alfetta through a *driving* (no pun intended) rain on the way to Watkins Glen
at
speeds approaching 75-80, I was sold on the product! Especially
since I never had to use the wipers at all! When applied exactly as the
directions state (two quick, successive applications in different directions
followed by wiping the dry haze off with a damp cloth) it seems to work
just fine without any streaks, etc.

One application doesn't last all that long, but it beats watching those
miniscule Lucas blades on a TD or TR3 shuffle along like tortoises. And it was
easier than trying to drive a Volvo 145 with my left foot on the gas and my
right foot trying to weave its way up behind the dashboard to apply
leverage to a wiper motor & linkage to relieve the binding of same. (Sort of
made heel-and-toe downshifting tricky!)

Andy *I have nothing good to say, though, about Rain-X anti-fog stuff*
  Mace