Re: British Cars Digest #1129 Wed Mar 9 01:15:02 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1129 Wed Mar 9 01:15:02 MST 1994
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Wed Mar 9 09:14:18 1994
just a note on magnesium wheels.

I personally consider them quite safe.  Magnesium in wheel form is
very hard to start burning...(some friends of mine decided to have a
magnesium fire at a get together in upper Michigan a summer or two
ago and it took a lot of effort to get the 100lbs or so going, of
course then it was pretty spectacular...more details on request).

Anyway, I would not hesitate to use magnesium wheels, I know many
folks who race with them and I will be happy to take magnesium
wheels off the hands of those who would prefer not to use
them.
(preferably in 10" and/or 15" diameter to fit mini and porsche 8-) )

Minilites are being made again in Magnesium in several sizes.  They
advertised in the current issue of Cars and Car Conversions.  I
think in 10" diameter they cost 99GBP each.

Jim
jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil