Also interested in any theoretical TR6 upgrade-to-overdrive answers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Also interested in any theoretical TR6 upgrade-to-overdrive answers
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 94 21:52:51 EST
Being a highway driver in my TR6, I too have wondered about the feasibility
of upgrading to an overdrive transmission.  Can this be done, or were the cars
different enough to make it a Very Large Task (i.e. body machining, etc. as
opposed to 'just' replacing the transmission and connecting the new systems.)
-read, enough to make it highly theoretical for someone who commutes in his
TR6.  Sigh.  If only I was well enough off in terms of money and time to treat
her the way she deserves. I just wonder how long she'll put up with me.

-JBZimmerman!