Re: Off season battery maint.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off season battery maint.
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 94 18:12:10 EST
> From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 94 13:11:10 PST
>
> I had part of the top blow off of a battery in my dad's garage once.  I

I tried to fire up my girlfriend's car once, and BANG!!! (nasty smelling
cloud emerges from under the hood!)  I popped the hood, not knowing what
to expect, and couldn't beleive what I saw! The battery's entire side was
blown off!! Apparently,  the cells must have beet going dry, and the terminals
inside the battery corroded enough to cause a spark. If was instantanaous
with the turn of the key, the solonoid didn't even get a chance to kick!

> Roland

Later,
Kevin

P.S. I'm not positive, but I think it was a DieHard! (and did it ever!)