Houston cars for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Houston cars for sale
From: bourland@roentgen.mayo.EDU (Dan Bourland)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 94 12:27:47 CST

   I was recently in Houston, TX, and saw two car places that SOL'ers
   might be interested in.  Folks from Houston may want to comment.

   1) Fine Rides, Inc., 2815 N Sam Houston Parkway E
      Houston, TX 77032-3215   713-590-8900

      If you are looking for restored vehicles, or one in good
      condition, this place has them.  50's and 60's Jaguars, several
      MGAs (one ground-up resto), 1 big Healey, a Rolls Royce, as well
      as 50's and 60's American cars.  There were 2 XKE Series I Jags
      (with the glass-covered headlights) which he called "flat-floor"
      models, waiting for restoration.  The roadster unrestored is
      $19.5 k. The MGAs varied in price from $6k to $15k.  An
      interesting place - 15 stall garage out back where renovations
      were being done.

   2) British Sports Car Centre, 9505 North Freeway
      Houston, TX 77037   713-591-2875

      A combination dealership/salvage/repair/parts place:

      1 - "64 B, good cond, $5k
      3 - Jag sedans
      1 - Hillman "frat special"
      3 or 4 - mid '60s Bs, one with minilites
      1 - Lotus Europa
      3 - Sunbeam Tigers "buy one get one free"
      1 - early 60's Sprite (Austin Healey)
      Other MGBs lying about in disrepair.
      Lots of parts all around

      Most of the vehicles in back don't run.  They'll consider
      offers.  You'd have to call them.

Dan Bourland                            bourland@mayo.edu