Motorweek

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Motorweek
From: Bob Tufts <rbt@itc.Kodak.COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 1994 09:56:17 -0500

Did anyone catch the syndicated TV show "MotorWeek" this weekend?(formerly a
PBS show).

The nostalgia segment at the end (High Road?) had a bit about how
G.I.'s bought back MGs with them after the war. There was a gent on there
driving around his MGTC on either the road or a track and I was struck how
far suspensions have come. (everytime the car hit a bump it bounced, twisted,
and jiggled about... looked like a handful, yet the driver seemed to be
having a fun time). I realize that 2 solid axles w /leaf springs can't be
expected to perform miracles, but I wonder if the shocks (levers?) weren't
part of the problem. In any event it was interesting, but if I owned one I
think I'd choose my roads carefully! :-)

-Bob T.