Re: Radar and others.

To: paul <ncrhub1!ee.rochester.edu!paul@ncrclm.clemsonsc.NCR.COM>
Subject: Re: Radar and others.
From: "Zust, Fred" <FZust@admin.clemsonsc.NCR.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 94 13:35:00 PST
 /I was going home, driving 72mph in a 65 zone, when I see the blue lights
in my
/ mirror.  I pull over and the cop tells me that I have been in a 55mph zone

/ for about 1/2 a mile.  I get a steep $80 ticket for 72 in a 55 zone.  Of
/ course, this destroys a perfect driving record, and raises my insurance
/ about $600 a year.  The thing that pisses me off, is that all it was was a

/ trap.  It wasn't the cop trying to keep dangerous people off the road, he
/ was filling his quota.  He was perched right on the edge of a speed
change,
/ by a sign that was covered and unreadable!> Where you live and where the
officer was, doing his job, has

>       nothong to do with your case. If you use the speed detctor
>       that came with your car, the spedo, you would not be looking
>       for a device to look for the radar. I sugest that you use
>       that device that came with your car and slow down before you
>      do something to yourself or someone else that will cost more
>      than you can aford.

Oh please.  If I could have seen the sign I would have slowed down!  I had a
perfect driving record for 6 years!  My point is, with the signs obscurred,
it was hardly sporting to nail me with a 17 point ticket, when I could not
have known of the speed change!  Hence the name "Speed Trap"  i.e.
Unsuspecting people are victimized, because they don't know the rules of the
game.  Even if I was doing 65, I still would have been nailed with the same
4 point ticket!  He was taking advantage of the sign conditions to fill his
bureacratic quota, rather than catching people, intentionally and
excessively speeding!  His job is not to screw people over for $80.  I can't
believe that an LBC reader would give me that kinda flack.   Does your MG
have "Easy Does It" on the bumper sticker?  Quit being self-righteous and go
buy a mini-van!