Silver Bullets and Trunk Keys

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silver Bullets and Trunk Keys
From: amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 94 17:03:01 EST
Roland:

Regarding your intermittent stumbling problem. Could it be something in the (I
almost hate to say it) fuel tank? Something floating around and at
times partially or totally covering the outlet? I saw this many, many years ago
with a little piece of aluminum foil in the tank of a TR6. Also happened not so
many years ago with Rik Schlierer's and my Spitfire 4 Racecar, where it turned
out someone had stuffed a kitchen towel or similar down the filler pipe. It
didn't affect much until it started to break down and pieces of same tried to
find their way through the fuel system! It's a possibility something like that
is happening!? Have you ever had any problems before with the gas tank? :-

Wade:

On your trunk lock, if it's like most others of the period, there should be a
three-digit number on the shaft. That would be the key code and would
enable the locksmith to duplicate the key perhaps a bit more easily than by
other methods.

Andy *been there (on both items), done that (ditto)* Mace