Looking for source of rebuilt MGB engine

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for source of rebuilt MGB engine
From: wbrown@csg.lbl.gov (Bill Brown)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 07:25:56 PST
Well, last evening the '76 MGB suddenly started running on < 4 cylinders
and making expensive sounds under the bonnet.  I haven't had time to
to investigate what's going on, but my gut feel is that it's gonna
be expen$ive.

Since the engine has >140 KMiles on it, if anything is broken it may be
worth doing a rebuild.  Since I don't have the time to do a rebuild myself,
I may be looking for a rebuilder in the SF Bay Area.  Any suggestions?

This car is a "daily driver" - I use it to commute from Concord to Berkeley
every day which is ~45 miles R.T. - so I'm not looking for a "competition
prep" type of job.  On the other hand, I do like to drive with enthusiasm.
Which I really wasn't doing when things went bad.

Disclaimer:  These opinions are my own and have     |
    nothing to do with the official policy or the   |  -bill
    management of L.B.L, who probably couldn't      |   wlbrown@lbl.gov
    care less about employees who play with trains. |