Rollbar?

To: stefanb@robadome, british-cars@autox.team.net (British Cars)
Subject: Rollbar?
From: Jim Brannan <jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 7:25:12 PST
Hi Stefan,

So you have a Rollbar that doesn't fit your TR6. Do you have
any way to tell (or someone to ask) if it fits a TR4A, which
is what I have?  Eventhough a real robust rollbar would be the
custom fab frame mounted beasts ($400?), I can't swing that
and I'm interested in the typical bolt-in as from MOSS or TRF.
Rollbars are just way-cool.

For others on the net, thanks for the assorted info I've
gotten over the past couple weeks.  Right now, all parts
from my engine tear down are ready to be re-installed (clean
and painted).  I'm waiting for a big parts order to arrive
from MOSS (today).  With the pistons (86mm+0.030 over) in
hand, the machine shop will bore the sleeves and I'll be
rebuilding the motor this weekend.  I am also expecting my
reconditioned oil pump to return today from Ken Gillanders,
who found it to be in incredibly good (rare) condition.  A
replace CAM is due later this week from Steve Miller's in
Emoryville, CA.  I got the rebuilt head back from Triumphs
Only (San Jose, CA) and it looks great, but had over size
tapped holes for the thermostat housing, requiring bigger bolts
and hence a redrill of the housing.

Can't wait!  Hope everything fits and there are no "left overs".

Jim Brannan                                             (1966 Red TR4A)
Rocklin, CA
wk: 916-785-4776,  hm: 916-624-9318,  email jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com