Lineage of MG's B engine

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lineage of MG's B engine
From: bishel@lobby.ti.com (Geoff Bishel)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1993 11:17:48 -0600
Scott Fisher says(Scott
Fisher writes that the Chevy inline 6 was a precursor to MG's B engine)
Is this true? (Am I showing my ignorance publicly by questioning Scott?)
I've always heard (okay I've heard it twice ... but from different people)
that the B engine was a descendant of a Ford Tractor engine, and that parts
could actually be bought thru a Ford tractor dealer.

I've never owned a B powered car, and I've never actually gone out to verify
this story on my own, so please set me straight.

Hmmm, Chevy inline 6 to MG B engine, Buick V8 to Rover V8... Let's hope
BL gets dibs on the Corvette ZR1 engine or Cadillac Northstar V8...

Geoff "How wide is a Midget's engine compartment?" Bishel