Price on Bugeye seat frames?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Price on Bugeye seat frames?
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1993 11:10:05 -0400 (EDT)
Not a blessed word about flow rates in cooling systems, I promise.

I have a pair of seat frames for a Bugeye Sprite--including the base
frames and the sheet metal backrests.  They are rusty, with the bottom
couple of inches of the sheet metal backrests rotted, and the rubberised
fiber (horsehair??) shaped backrest padding is gone.  However, they are
restorable if one is truly determined.

I have met someone with a bugeye that has wrong seats; he wants to buy my
spare frames.  I don't particularly want to be rid of them, but I'd be
willing to sell them to help him.

However, I have not the faintest idea how much to ask.  Can anyone tell me
what they are worth?  Or does anyone know of reproductions available
anywhere?  (I have been told bugeye seat frames are the same as those in a
Healey 100-4, but I have not confirmed this.)

Please e-mail responses <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu> to spare the list.