Lucas Inc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas Inc.
From: Timothy Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1993 19:11:12 -0400
Why-O-why do we persist in saying such bad things about Lucas
(Prince of Darkness) Inc.?  Could it be that thousands of SOL'ers
are wrong about Lucas?  I remember the time the smoke got out of
the wires in my Sprite and *almost* stranded me 20 miles away from
home.  A quick curbside fix did get me home though.  I wonder how
they make curbside fixes in the aerospace industry?

Anyway...from the Associated Press on Line............

AP Online AP 09/07 18:04 EDT V0249

Copyright 1993. The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
By The Associated Press

   Lucas Industries PLC said Monday it has agreed to acquire Dowty Fuel Systems
from the TI Group of Britain for 18.9 million pounds, or about $28.7 million.
   Dowty, an English manufacturer of aircraft fuel control systems, had 1992
sales of 20 million pounds, or about $30.4 million.
   Dowty will be merged with the engine control systems division of Lucas, an
international supplier of aerospace and automotive components.
Last page !

Tim Collins