Fuel-Injected TR7s?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel-Injected TR7s?
From: Kenneth Streeter <streeter@rocket.sanders.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 16:20:51 -0400
Hello all,

  I have been a lurker on the list for the past two years while
awaiting the purchase of my first british car.  Due to the impending
doom of my current second vehicle (a '73 Ford Maverick that my 4-year
old refers to as the "Trusty Ole Mav'rick", or, sometimes the "Rusty
Ole Mav'rick"), I am considering the purchase of a british car.

  One that has caught my attention in a recent want advertisement is a
1981 Triumph TR7.  However, this TR7 is claimed to be a factory
fuel-injected version.  I was not familiar with FI units ever being
installed on the TR7, although I know that they were on all 1981 TR8s.
Is this an entirely different system than that on the TR8?   Will I
have problems encountering spare parts if this ever breaks?

  Can any of the fuel-injected TR8 owners out there (Bill Sohl?) lend
insight into this?  (BTW, if you do respond to the list, please also
send a copy directly to me, as I've been receiving my
british-cars-digest only intermittently.)

--Ken

Kenneth B. Streeter        | ARPA: streeter@sanders.com
Lockheed Sanders           | UUCP: ...!uunet!sanders.com!streeter
PTP2-A001                  |
65 River Road              | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Hudson, NH 03051           | Fax:   (603) 885-0631