Re: FREE! Vendor list

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: FREE! Vendor list
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 92 11:40:32 CST
Below is a list of the people to whom I have sent the britcar vendor list.
32 of them.  This is the biggest response I have had since I used a lawyer-joke
file to stop a juggernaut lawyer-joke thread from overrunning the autocross
list.

I have several points to make, if you have a minute.

Anyone who wants this file, go ahead and ask for it.  I remind you that it
comes in three messages of about 600 lines each.  PLEASE use a subject line
that begins "Re: FREE!  Vendor list" so that I keep them all together.  An
auto-reply to this message should do OK.  I almost missed some requests that
were labeled elsewise.

Several people wanted to know if I could put this on hoosier for ftp.  This is
a bit of a sticky wicket for me.  First, I don't do ftp.  Not just because I'm
incompetent (although that certainly can be argued), but because our system
here does not have direct Internet access.  Several of you offered to put this
list on hoosier for me, but we have to talk a bit about this first.

Much of this list (but certainly not all) is already on hoosier.  I *think*
that I have essentially all of that file here, with updates, as well as many
entries and cross-references not on the file in hoosier.  I have no wish to
duplicate.  The person who originally placed the file on hoosier should make
his wishes known.  Maybe we can replace that file with this one.

Also, I'd kind of like to make sure I (and other ftp-less folks) are not
missing out on anything here.  The purpose of a vendor list like this is to
keep up to date.  When I see comments on the mailing lists, I add that stuff to
the vendor list.  I suggest each of you can do the same.  This is a more
decentralized theory than ftp, but it works for me.  Of course, newcomers can
always get up to speed by asking me for a list.  I just am not interested in
sending out 30 of them every day.  My problem is that if (and I do not know
that this would be done) people are adding entries or comments to the file on
hoosier without posting them to the lists, I (and other ftp-less folks) will be
out in the cold.

Let me know what you think about this.  If I am out of line somewhere, tell me.

Now, back to the vendor list itself.  Post any errors I made.  Post any vendors
I didn't know about.  Please check the list first to cut down on repetition.
If you want to claim or disclaim any quotes in the list, let us all know that,
too.

OK, these are the ones I sent out today  These are all that were in my mailbox
Thursday morning.  If you are listed here, give it some time, then let me know
if you did not get the three sections (A>D, E>P, and Q>Z).  If I get bounces, I
am not going to try to sort them out, but will rely on your checking back.

If you are not listed here, give it some time before asking again.  I won't be
getting any new mail until next year (1993).

andyh@pluto.cs.brandeis.edu
bryan@elara.mitre.org
cak@parc.xerox.com
camacho@optilink.com
conrad@ad.enet.dec.com
c_lprofant@qualcomm.com
DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU
dave@pacdata.com
DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
DSTONE@SC9.intel.com
ERIC@chip.cba.ufl.edu
frankel@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
gjmelden@phoenix.princeton.edu
harry@hp-pcd.cv.hp.com
HARTLEY_JESSE_W@INET.D48.LILLY.COM
hillcs%ML%WPAFB@mlgate.ml.wpafb.af.mil
hwt@acd4.acd.com
kendallr@smtplink.chey.com
lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
lye@elegans.wustl.edu
markr@eye.com
mikej@wv.MENTORG.COM
min@Kodak.COM
moore@portal.vpharm.com
raoul@fangio.wa.com
Richard_A._Longo.es_ntsc@xerox.com
sadler@law.indiana.edu
sanders@hydra.unm.edu
sbender@dsd.es.com
Stan@cup.portal.com
timd@ptltd.com
tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
"Let me know if this gets too organized."  Steve Goodman