nothing much . . .

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: nothing much . . .
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 92 09:13:06 EST
William Hartwell Woodruff writes:

 >  I'm just entering the depression stage of the rebuild.  The point
 > where you actually see first hand what you knew was there all along.
 > And you ask yourself, "I wonder if I can still sell it for what I
 > paid!!" as you think about bailing out of of the project.  I need some

I ask this about my TR6 from time to time.  And just when I've made up
my mind that I should try and get the bucks back out of it, along
comes a beautiful sunny day...  The top goes down, and the smile on my
face goes from ear to ear.  I figure I never really get the money back
out so what the heck...  I enjoy it!  Besides, it has saved me many
times when my honda breaks down.  I can tell you that if I ever do
sell the car, that another LBC *will* replace it.

My story: When I bought my TR6 I paid a little extra for a decent,
well tuned, running car.  NOT!  It burned 5 quarts of 20W50 every 1000
miles.  So out came the engine.  And after 6 months of engine work,
lots of great advice on from the net folk, a broken foot, lots of $$$,
the car started up first time.  I agree with Terriann...  take each
milestone as a small project completed.  For me it was putting the
crank and the pistons in.  Then the head and timing stuff...
walking on two feet... etc...

So keep the faith and tackle that BJ8.  It's one of my all time
favorite LBCs.  (But if you do loose the faith, I'll trade ya a decent
TR6 for your parts.  :-)

 >      I'm thankful that I have had the luxury of spending time on my hobby
 > over the past year.  Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays).

Me too.  I'm also very thankful for this list.  The support and advice
here is unmatched by any other computer group I have ever seen.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all.

-Scotty