Italian Job, continued, mini Riley report

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Italian Job, continued, mini Riley report
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 92 08:41:21 PST
     Since things are a bit quiet around here this seems
     like a good time to catch up on all of the LBC-ish
     stuff that's happened as of late:

     Italian Job- As you may remember, I had ordered this
     video as a gift for my brother some time ago thru
     Mini-Mania. Unfortunately the plebe I had spoken to had
     not informed me there was a waiting list and so when
     "my" copy came in it went to someone else. Bugger.
     Invigorated with feelings of spite, I took my business
     to The Motorsport Collector, who promised they'd send
     out a copy that day, 2nd day air, so it'd be here in
     time for my brother's B-day. Ten days later, and with
     no video in sight, I called them and they put a UPS
     (oh god!) trace out. Later in the day UPS called and
     said they delivered it on the day Motorsport Collector
     had indicated. Hmmmmm. They then informed me they'd
     begin an investigation but that would take up to 10
     days. Bugger #2. Ironically about a day later I got a
     thing in the mail from UPS indicating there had been a
     problem reported with my delivery and please call them.
     Right. At this point I conceded the video was not even
     going to be a Christmas gift and figured I'd let the
     bureaucracy run it's course. Then yesterday, The
     Motorsport Collector renewed my faith in the service
     industry by sending me another copy, au gratis it
     appears, with a note saying they didn't want me to miss
     Christmas. Yeah ! Motorsport Collector, Boo !
     UPS/Mini-mania. TMC will get my business from now on.

     Other; Since this has gotten a bit long-winded I'll make
     the rest brief & post the full write-ups later.

     Riley: It runs, the water pump pumps (quietly), and the
     oils system oils. And leaks.

     Sister's boyfriend's Sprite: 10psi compression on 1 & 2
     caused me to pull the head, yielding a seriously blown
     head gasket. And guess what he's getting for Christmas?

     My Sprite: I now have the rear generator bushing and
     correct green paint to R & R the noisy dynamo. Now I
     just need the time to do it.

          May you all have a happy & safe Holiday Season !

                                             cheers-
                                                   daren