'73 Stag

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '73 Stag
From: Steve Rudinsky <sar@sequent.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 92 12:25:53 PST
I have owned a 1969 TR6, and am considering a 1973 STAG.  Does anyone
have info on the following questions, or other info for me to know:

How reliable (wrong word, I know) is a STAG compared to a TR6?
Is the 3.0 liter much different than the 2.5 liter in a TR6?
How long do they (on average) run before rebuilds?
How 'collectable' are STAGs today?  In the future? (opinions?)
How much should I pay for one in 'excel cond'?
Do the soft-tops leak much?  How about the hardtops?
What electric overdrive options were there?
What year was the last imported to the US?
What years or options to avoid?

Any and all replies appreciated.

Steve Rudinsky
sar@gateway.sequent.com