GT6 differential swap

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: GT6 differential swap
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 92 13:20:23 -0600
I have to take exception with dickn's description of the GT6 rear end. True,
the transverse leaf spring bolts to the top of the diff, but the diff itself
is bolted quite solidly to the frame. I think all you would have to do to
swap out diffs is somehow make sure the spring was bolted in the same position
it would be in with a stock diff. And, of course, the geometry of the
alignment of the halfshafts and drive shaft should match, too.

Wishing I wasn't THAT familiar with GT6 rear ends....

Larry