Re: coloured wires

To: jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (James A. TenCate)
Subject: Re: coloured wires
From: miq@wv.MENTORG.COM (Miq Millman)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 92 7:36:07 PST
James A. TenCate says:
> Anyway, I cannot seem to find striped, coloured wiring to splice in.
> Solid colours of all sorts and sizes are pretty easy to locate but
> when you tell them you want brown with a white stripe they look at
> you funny and wonder why you'd want that.  Should I stop trying the
> auto parts places and start looking elsewhere?  Suggestions?

Go to a local private plane airport and look for a hardware/surplus store
nearby.  You can get teflon coated wires in a variety of stripes and colours
for about $10 a 60 foot roll of 12 guage wire.

I found a place in Palo Alto near the small airport in the swamps by 101
and bought a couple fo different rolls and some sharpies to make my own
harness for Frankensprite.
--

Miq Millman     miq@sunroof.mentorg.com      miq_millman@rainbow.mentorg.com
Mentor Graphics 8005 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville OR 97070  503 685 1492   C2148