'B rack oil fill (was: Diff. filling on '80 MGB)

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Subject: 'B rack oil fill (was: Diff. filling on '80 MGB)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 92 11:18:30 pst
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
> Date:     Thu, 05 Nov 92  10:17:16 EST
> Subject:  Diff. filling on '80 MGB
>

> 2)  How do I get 90W oil into the steering rack through a grease nipple?

My Cobra has essentially the same rack and pinion steering as your 'B so
I presume the procedure is similar.  My manual sez to loosen a gaiter
clamp and to squirt the oil in under the loosened rubber.  My manual
also states that the grease nipple on the rack itself is for the purpose
of greasing (very sparingly) the pinion gear bearing.

Roland